Job Description and Primary Responsibilities:
The successful applicant will be responsible for carrying out and completing Access Control, CCTV & Intruder alarm service maintenance.
Completion of security systems servicing, fault finding and small works for small, medium, and large scale sites for both analogue, digital and IP networked systems.
As part of call out rota be able to manage out of hours callouts ensuring the customers are kept informed of system status and complete repairs independently
Show best working practices to trainee engineers and ensure that a good example is always displayed in time keeping, correct operation of testing equipment and customer liaison.
All works are carried out to current regulations and code of practices with the ability to identify design or compliance errors and create report.
Health & safety
- Uphold and champion rigorous H&S behaviours through best-practice demonstration
- Complete, sign and retain copies of required generic or site-specific RAMS
- Adhere to H&S policies as outlined in the company handbook.
- Champion and embed first-in-class customer experience through communicative and compliance practices
- Carry out all work in the field to the defined quality standards in a timely and efficient manner.
- To inform line management as appropriate of any reasons for lateness, failure to report, or withdrawal from duty.
- To comply with required booking practices, e.g. accurate time allocation and use of clear and concise job notes.
- To ensure all work is carried out to the satisfaction of customers including a check to quality compliance before leaving site.
- To deliver effective and timely service, in line with best practices and behaviours.
- To be responsible for escalating difficulties that cannot be readily overcome or are likely to jeopardise the delivery of service commitments for the day.
- To use own discretion to make decisions and take appropriate action to meet the needs of the job whilst complying with processes and procedures.
- To ensure that you (and your team if applicable) are made aware of the need to safeguard sensitive customer information.
- To understand and comply with physical security requirements when visiting, working in, or accessing TFS’s or any of its customer’s sites.
- To be responsible for personal safety and to be aware of the safety of colleagues and general public by complying with all procedures within the Health and Safety Policy.
- To complete safety training and adhere to all safety standards as per company process.
- To exhibit an awareness of TFS’s Environmental Policy sufficiently to understand the relevant aspects of the Policy e.g. recycling of hazardous waste.
- To complete all mandatory and regulatory compliance training within required timescales.
- To ensure that TFS’s Code of Conduct is followed at all times.
- Championing the highest standards of customer care to further ensure TFS maintains its position as a supplier of choice.
- Supporting customers with any queries relating to on-site works.
Personal skills and traits:
The successful applicant would have the ability to work well alone with minimal supervision but also be able to work effectively as part of a team when required.
Should be able to overcome faults and problems, using own initiative to find solutions or be able to offer a resolution in a clear manner.
Would require good organisational, self and time management skills. Be able to have good customer facing skills and always be well presented.
Excellent communication skills, be approachable, of smart appearance and able to demonstrate a mature personality coupled with energy and enthusiasm.