Fire Alarm Service Engineer
Fire Alarm Service Engineer
We are looking for a experienced Fire Alarm Service Engineers, to become part of the Operations Team. TFS is always growing and developing and this role would assist us with delivering high levels of service to our customers and complement the existing operations team.
The successful applicant would be responsible for carrying out and completing fire alarm system servicing, aspiration and gas suppression maintenance. Plus the ability to complete fault finding tasks on those fire systems and would also become part of a call out rota currently 1 day in 21.
Job Description and Primary Responsibilities:
- Completion of fire alarm servicing for small, medium and large scale sites for both addressable, and non-addressable systems including gas suppression and aspirating systems.
- All works are carried out to BS5839 with the ability to identify design or compliance errors and create report
- Dutifully complete electronic job sheets with details of works completed and of any issues found.
- Ability to solve problems whilst building customer relationships.
- As part of call out rota be able to manage out of hours callouts ensuring the customers are kept informed of system status and complete repairs independently.
- Ensure that any company issued equipment is maintained in good condition and fit for purpose. This includes any company vehicle, PPE and uniform. Report immediately any damaged, stolen or missing company issued equipment to your Line Manager.
- Have good levels of communication both to the office team and clients. Ensuring that any issues are clearly reported and updates are given when completing tasks.
- Show best working practices to trainee engineers and ensure that a good example is always displayed in time keeping, correct operation of fire alarm testing equipment and customer liaison.
- When training has been provided, ensure that it is attended and knowledge used to improve personal skills and technical ability
Manufacture Knowledge and Experience:
- Ability to carry out PPM and fault finding works on systems such as Advanced, Morley, Kentec and GENT.
- Use of PDA’s to complete worksheets and make recommendations.
Personal skills and traits:
- Any successful applicant would have the ability to work well alone with minimal supervision but also be able to work effectively as part of a team when required.
- Should be able to overcome faults and problems, using own initiative to find solutions or be able to offer a resolution in a clear manner.
- Would require good organisational, self and time management skills. Be able to have good customer facing skills and always be well presented.
- Industry and systems manufacturer training provided.
EXPERIENCE:You will be able to
carry out PPM on