TechniFire Solutions has an opening for experienced and skilled Fire Alarm Service and Small Works Engineers, to become part of the Operations Team. This role would assist us with delivering high levels of service to our customers and complement the existing operations team.
The successful applicant would be responsible for carrying out and completing fire alarm system, aspiration, PAVA and gas suppression maintenance, small works, fault finding and commissioning.
Job Description and Primary Responsibilities:
- Completion of fire alarm servicing for small, medium and large scale sites for both addressable, and non-addressable systems including gas suppression and aspirating systems.
- Be able to carry out small works on a wide range of fire alarm equipment and complete commissioning.
- Fault finding on all systems.
- All works are carried out to BS5839 with the ability to identify design or compliance errors and create report.
- Dutifully complete electronic job sheets with details of works completed and of any issues found.
- Carry out repairs when required, getting jobs finished to completion within an identified timeframe.
- Ability to solve problems whilst building customer relationships.
- Ensure that any company issued equipment is maintained in good condition and fit for purpose. This includes any company vehicle, PPE and uniform. Report immediately any damaged, stolen or missing company issued equipment to your Line Manager.
- Complete cause and effect testing and be able to produce matrix to show results and offer programming solutions when required
- Installation skill and knowledge of IEE wiring regulations/cable containment needed.
- As part of call out rota be able to manage out of hours callouts ensuring the customers are kept informed of system status and complete repairs independently 1 day in 21 days rota.
- Have good levels of communication both to the office team and clients. Ensuring that any issues are clearly reported and updates are given when completing tasks.
- Have strong understanding of third party connections and linking such as, sprinkler flow switches and valves, access control and door retainer interfacing plus fire system interlinking and monitoring.
- Show best working practices to trainee engineers and ensure that a good example is always displayed in time keeping, correct operation of fire alarm testing equipment and customer liaison.
- When training has been provided, ensure that it is attended and knowledge used to improve personal skills and technical ability
Manufacture Knowledge and Experience:
- Several years working within the fire alarm industry
- Ability to carry out PPM and fault finding works on systems such as Advanced, Morley, Kentec and GENT.
- Ability to carry out basic commissioning on systems such as Advanced, Morley, Kentec and GENT and update software when required
- Have experience in completing maintenance, fault finding works and remedial works on Gas Suppression systems and different aspirating systems
- Good knowledge of manufacturers PC software and be able to take downloads of configurations and event logs
- Use of PDA’s to complete worksheets and make recommendations
Personal skills and traits:
Any successful applicant would have the ability to work well alone with minimal supervision but also be able to work effectively as part of a team as required.
EXPERIENCE:You will be able to
carry out Small Works on