Due to continued expansion, we are currently recruiting for a new Estimator/Designer to join our friendly team at TFS within the ever-growing Estimating and Design Department. This is a key role within our Work Winning Department, ensuring the delivery of accurate and timely quotations, calculated in-line with the overall company strategy and goals for a range of sectors including Health Care, Education, Blue chip companies, etc.
The Ideal candidate will be experienced in the design of various fire and security systems, have prior knowledge of quoting and surveying and have acquired a good technical background from working in the Fire and Security industry. You must be able to interpret and quote form technical engineering reports, drawings, and tender specifications.
- Supporting the Estimating Team throughout the bid process. This includes the production of all necessary pricing schedules, preparation of rates and any other associated bid submission documentation required.
- Carry out accurate take-offs from Tender drawings and prepare detailed material schedules for pricing.
- Provide sound commercial analysis of quotations received from sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Prepare Fire and Security estimates from project specifications, drawings, schedules, engineering reports and historical data, and produce accurate material, labour, and sub-contract package allowances against same.
- Keep an accurate record of quotations and supporting documents to provide clear traceability and to aid the final review process.
- Work closely with all other internal departments.
- Ensure bids are completed on time and to the highest standard.
- Carry out site surveys, visits and attend external meetings, when applicable.
- Attend and conduct, when required, internal Quotation and Tender Return Review Meetings with Company Directors.
- Present our bids to clients and their representatives as and when required.
- Provide support, sometimes outside your remit, to help achieve the aims of the Department and Company.
- Work with the Operational Teams and attend handover meetings to ensure the scope of secured works is accurately communicated and fully understood by the Project Teams.
Any successful applicant would have the ability to work well alone with minimal supervision but also be able to work effectively as part of a team as required.
APPLY WITH YOUR CV
EXPERIENCE:A proven track record of experience
With travel to London and surrounding areas.